IECC is a not-for-profit organization founded in 2013 and incorporated under laws of Canada. We offer to newcomers to Canada and other members of immigrant’s community, suitable employment and settlement programs that include career development and job skills trainings, job Interview preparation, language training, referral to other resources available in the community, foreign academic credentials translation and assessment, trade and occupations ISO certification training and employment counselling.
IECC also provides opportunity to new immigrants to access the computer resources and Internet connection to conduct their job searches, to enroll to online courses and to connect with potential employers for interview or any job-related online meetings. IECC is implementing all its programs in Nova Scotia, British Columbia and Alberta. New locations will be opened in Ontario, Winnipeg and Regina before December 31, 2020. IECC has a new volunteer program to help newcomers to gain Canadian work experience and to settle in their new environments.
IECC MISSION STATEMENT
· Advocate the well-being of newcomers to Canada and members of immigrant’s community.
· Foster their full participation to the Canadian economy and help them to become financially self-sufficient.
· Promote integration of new immigrants into Canadian labor market.
· Encourage diversity, inclusion and respect of employment equity in Canadian workplace without discrimination.
· Deliver programs and activities that stimulate multiculturalism and eradicate racism in Canadian workplace place and educational facilities.
· Seek funding from government and/or other sources for the implementation of the aforementioned programs and community services.
IECC CORE VALUES
· At IECC, we believe that every new permanent resident of Canada or work permit holder has fundamental right to work and to free choice of employment.
· We believe that every new permanent resident of Canada or work permit holder has the right to just and to protection against unemployment.
· We believe every new permanent resident of Canada or work permit holder has the right to equal pay for equal work without any discrimination.
· We also believe that every new permanent resident of Canada has the right to live or seek work anywhere in Canada.